Friday, April 17, 2015

Finding A Farmer's Market Near You



It's getting to be that time of year here in Michigan. All of the regional farmers flock to the concrete jungle to peddle their goods, and do we love it!

I'm lucky to work downtown where every Thursday during lunch, I can walk a block over to our city's farmer's market; a little parking area filled with fresh produce, yummy baked goods, smoked fish, sweet berry syrups, flowers and popcorn.

While I love our little local farmer's market, I thought it'd be fun to find some bigger ones. I've heard of city markets that last all day and have special events like Chef demonstrations, recipe competitions, kids activities and more.  

These two websites will help to locate your local farmer's markets:

USDA Farmer's Market Directory - This was the best site I found as far as having every farmer's market listed. They also have links to the market's websites if they have one.

Local Harvest - In addition to finding farmer's markets, it finds local farms.  You can visit their own website to see what products they offer, some even do deliveries!

Do you frequent your local farmer's market? What are your favorite things to get? Honey, raspberries, butterleaf lettuce and smoked fish are some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...