Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Baby Shower

Hello Lovelies :)

My sister, with the help of my grandma and a couple others, threw us a baby shower a couple of weeks ago. It was so beautiful I couldn't even believe it. It was very casual, but her adorable touches just made it so perfect. Baby and I were surrounded by love of friends and family and it was such a wonderful day.

I thought I'd share some pictures, if you're interested...



My grandma and sister.





My jaw dropped when I walked in and saw all of these gorgeous teacups and saucers. Everyone picked their teacup and the tables had teapots full of hot water sitting on warmers. It was so cute and reminded me of playing tea party as a little girl.


I loved the onesie decorating station! It was perfect for when guests were arriving, they could grab a drink and decorate a onesie until everyone arrived. My sister had cut out all sorts of fabric characters - sea animals, woodland creatures, tractors and butterflies so that all the guests had to do was pick what they wanted, then use the paintbrush to adhere the fabric to the onesie with Mod Podge.  



Here are a few of our cousins and aunts decorating doing a little decorating. They all turned out super cute and it will be so fun to put them on her and remember this day.


I was so happy that one of my best friends came all the way up from Chicago to be there...happy happy happy :) 



You can't see it very well, but she also made rabbit garland and strung it in each window. It's going to be strung up in the nursery pretty soon, so you'll see it better in those pictures. 




We had to take about a million pictures on the porch because it was decorated so beautifully. Fall is the best!


Another of my favorite things (really I think everything is was my favorite!) was this Beatrix Potter book that my sister bought we went went shopping on the day I told her she was going to be an aunt. It was open and she used it as a guest book for people to sign as they came in. 



I love it. 

Besides all of the cute, fun touches that were all around, the shower itself was a lot of fun. It was so good to be able to visit with family and friends who I don't get to see very often. 

Kaitlin requested on the invitation that guests bring a book, whether old or new, instead of a card and to write a message to mom or baby on the inside. Of all the books we received, we didn't get one single repeat - I couldn't believe it! It was so fun to come home and read all the sweet messages on the inside of the books, and to read the books themselves. We can't wait for her to get here to read the books to her in person! 

I left the shower with piles of clothing, I don't think I'll have to shop for her for a while! We were fortunate to receive almost every single thing that we really needed. We had a couple double gifts, but were able to return those and purchase a car seat with the store credit. Thanks to our family & friends, we only have 'wants' left on our baby list, no more 'needs', which feels pretty awesome! 

It was such a great day, one that I'll look back on fondly forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...