Thursday, October 1, 2015

Crane's Orchard and a Fly By



This past Sunday we went to one of my favorite places to visit in the fall, Crane's U-Pick. Nothing feels more fall-like than walking up and down rows of apples in the crisp air trying to find that perfect apple.

Here are a few more photos, if you're interested...




One of the best parts is that you get to taste test each different variety, in case you forgot your favorite from last year. I was pretty bummed that we came a week too early to pick my favorite, honeycrisp.


And Kelly humoring me because I wanted the perfect apple at the top of the tree. :)



And here's a picture I found of our trip there in 2013.

Of course, our trip wouldn't have been complete without a stop across the street to Crane's Pie Pantry - it's also where all of our wedding pies came from.

It was absolutely packed with people, so I didn't have any room to get pictures, but they have delicious homemade apple butter, apple cider, breads, pies, dumplings and my personal favorite, apple cider donuts. I ordered half a dozen and ate three...yes, three... of them on the way home. They are so yummy!

We stopped at the farm on our way home just in time to see our crazy neighbor flying his ultra-lite, I was so excited to finally have my camera when we saw him.



All in all, a pretty excellent day :)

Do you do any apple picking in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...