Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Do You Coupon?

I'm gonna let you in on a dirty little secret...
I like to coupon. 

Scratch that.

I love to coupon. 

It sounds a wee bit lame, I know. I haven't always been a couponer (that's a word, okay?), but it's my newfound hobby and it's the bomb. Seriously. 

The other weekend we were visiting Kelly's grandma and I was telling her how we had stopped at Rite Aid right before coming. I explained that we walked out of the store with four bottles of laundry detergent, a box of diswasher detergent and a small package of baking soda for - wait for it - free. Yes, free as in zero dollars spent. And you can bet when I turned around after leaving the counter, Kelly had a big fat smile on his face. 

Then this past Sunday on our way to the grocery store, I had him quick stop at Walgreens so I could run in. I came out with four free packages of baby wipes...although, this time I did have to spend a whopping $0.24. Darn you tax.

The best part of this whole deal is that I really don't do any work. There are two websites I check on a daily basis; Hip2Save and The Krazy Coupon Lady

They give you deals that are going on via the Internet, for example Amazon, clothing stores online, or photo shops like Shutterfly or Tiny Prints. The really good deals, where you start saving lots of money (sometimes even making money) come from the stores. These websites allow you to look up your favorite stores and the deals that have going on that week, I'm always checking what they have for the week at Rite Aid, Walgreens and the local dollar stores. They put all of the deals in one place and give you the direct link to the coupon so you can print it at home. It's a total no-brainer!

I should have been doing this forever ago, but now I actually have the time and patience to sit down and figure it all out. 

Just yesterday they posted a deal about Gap and The Children's Place having big time sales on their clearance. Before little miss arrived, I decided that I'd do her clothes shopping at our local consignment store downtown, but I had a little time and decided to check it out just for the heck of it. I am surely glad I did! I was able to get her a ton of clothing for fall & winter this coming year! And cheap, cheaper even than the consignment store. I was able to get 10 shirts and 3 pair of pants all ranging in size from 9 - 18 months for $30. That's about $2.30 a piece and you just can't beat that. I was also able to get a fall and winter jacket for $9 and $10 each. 

So now that I've gone on and on about it, you're going to give it a try, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...