Monday, February 29, 2016

My Favorite App for a First Time Mom

Baby Nursing
When we first brought Adalynn home, I was pretty diligent about writing down what time we changed her diaper and whether it was just wet or dirty. I also wrote down what times during the day and night she ate. 

I wanted to have it all written down because those first days (and nights!) all blended together.  I was glad to have it because when we took her to the doctor for her checkup after two days of being home, the doctor asked us how often she needed her diaper changed and how often she was eating. It was nice to be able to have that reference and the reassurance from the doctor that everything was on track. 

Then I had a face-smack moment. We are in the day and age where you hardly need a pencil and paper for anything. There had to be an app for what I was doing.

Sure enough, I found Baby Nursing.

It had everything I needed. The app allows you to track what time you start feeding and for how long. I can't tell you how many times that I forgot to grab my phone and yelled "Babe, what time is it?!"...then "Babe, what time is it now?

The app allowed us to keep track of when we changed her diapers and whether they were just wet or completely soiled. It gave me peace of mind knowing that she was staying hydrated and getting enough of the good stuff. 

My favorite part about it was tracking her weight gain. Seeing how our little girl was growing was so neat! It amazed me how my body had grown this little bean and was continuing to help her grow. (Yes, patting myself on the back)

Not only does it allow you to keep track of her weight, you can put pictures from the day with her weight. 

Yea, remember this gem? :) 



Other things the app allows you to keep track of are:

  • Pumping
  • Bottle Feeding
  • Sleeping
  • Doctor Visits
  • Medication
  • Vaccinations
  • Bath Time
  • Solid Foods
If you're a new mom and looking for a very simple way to keep track of all the stats on your little one, I highly recommend this app!

*PS.
As a bonus, you can export the date - perfect to stick in the baby book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...