Monday, November 24, 2014

Charleston, South Carolina

Boone Hall Plantation

We recently found out that my grandparents on mom's side of the family are hosting a family reunion.

We are a pretty small family on my mom's side, but this will be our first reunion. Since we're spread across the country, grandma picked a vacation spot for us to all travel to, as opposed to having it at one of our houses. The place happens to be somewhere that I've always dreamed of traveling to...Charleston, SC!

We'll be staying at a big house within walking distance to the ocean. When I say big house, it's big, but not quite big enough for everyone. This means we'll get to spend lots of time together and get to be really close. (Yikes!) Since half of the family lives out of state, Kelly has yet to meet most of them. It will be nice for him to finally meet some more of my family, and I'll get to see cousins (first and second) that I haven't seen or spoken to in years.

I'm a reality TV junkie and this past spring a new show, Southern Charm, premiered and I was all over it. It's based in Charleston on the lives of a few socialites. It's not a terribly meaty show, but it does showcase a lot of the beautiful, historical buildings and gorgeous countryside. 

We're so excited to have a trip in our near future!

Have any of you been to the Charleston area? Any reccomendations?


[Photo via Boone Hall Plantation] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...