Monday, November 10, 2014

Family Photo Sesh

A couple weeks ago, my sister spent the weekend with us.

For Christmas last year, she got a very nice camera because she has always loved doing photo shoots. I remember a few years ago when my Rottweiler Crue was just a few months old. It was around Christmas time and one of the news channels was doing a contest for the cutest puppy. My sister came to me and said that we just had to do it. The rules were simple, you had to send in three photos of your puppy in three different, creative scenarios.  I can't find any of the photos on my computer, but he was dressed as a jazzercise puppy on the treadmill (sweatband and all), he was 'sitting on the dock of the bay' with a fishing pole (in two feet of snow), he selected some wine from the wine refrigerator and he was also a pinball player. 

I mean, this girl is like Austin Powers in 'The Spy Who Shagged Me'- give her a camera and she can go all day. So needless to say that on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, she was doing a photo shoot. She went through my closet and she went through Kelly's closet until she had three different outfits, then she went outside and picked three different areas to take the photos. This girl cracks me up. 

Anyhow- she's sent me the photos that she took of us with the dogs, so let me introduce you to the pack...


These are the two that I brought to the table. The big guy in the back is Crue (Motley Crue if you would like to be formal) and the wise old grey lady is Callie Ann. 


This is the ever-elusive Carrie. Kelly found her on the side of the road a few years ago near a dairy farm named Cary Dairy (hence the name). After knocking on a few doors around the area and hearing that Carrie had been a stray in the neighborhood for quite some time, he decided to bring her home. She's been around ever since! I say ever-elusive because she is constantly on adventures around the property sniffing out rabbits and other things, but she always comes back.


The one in front is Kota, Kelly's had her since she was a puppy. She's a royal pain. I have never seen her walk anywhere- she's constantly running at the speed of light. She runs straight towards you and then veers to the side at the very last second. She tears into everything. She has no manners. She likes to jump and try to eat your shoes while you are still wearing them. She makes me want to scream and pull out my hair, but at the end of the day she really does have a great heart and just wants to make you happy. We are currently working on manners. 


So there's the whole fam-damily. Kota, Carrie, Callie, Crue, Kelly....and me. You try yelling out all those names at once. Tongue twister anyone?

I would like to say that if you would have asked if we could get all of the dogs in a picture together with us, NEVER would I have guessed it to be possible. I guess I was wrong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...