Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Perspective



Can you guess what these are my lovelies? Yes. Wedding Invitations. Wedding invitations that arrived a week before they needed to be in the mail.

I am a procrastinator at heart. I have no problem admitting that, but I'm just going to put it out there that this time it's for a reason. I started reading The Offbeat Bride's book, and she had a piece of advice regarding wedding planning that I took to heart. Keep things in perspective. This is going to be one of the best days of our lives. One of the best days, with many more to come.

She suggested making important goals to be accomplished between now and then that have absolutely nothing to do with the wedding. So I did just that. I took out my calendar and set goals. Goals for riding, goals for volunteering, weekend trips and house projects.

One Sunday night honey looked over at me and said "almost eleven months" and I smiled, then immediately freaked. Eleven months was in reference to when we started dating. Three months referenced our wedding date. And I hadn't even looked for a dress.



Source
 
Source
 
I've since found a dress, ordered and mailed invitations and secured a caterer. There are still a few things left to do, but as soon as I start getting overwhelmed with all of the little details, I simply remember to keep it in perspective.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...