Thursday, February 26, 2015

Wedding Week: Paper Duty






I looked all over the internet searching 'farm wedding invitations', but I had a hard time finding exactly what I was looking for. They were either too colorful or too modern, had a giant tractor, ear of corn or some other obnoxiously obvious farm subject on the front. Not what I was going for.

It was quite a hunt to pick out invitations, but in the end we found something that was completely us.



Beacon Lane


This is the wedding invitation package that we started with from Beacon Lane. Starting with this bundle, we were able to customize colors, font, wording and designs. I absolutely loved the shop, they were so easy to work with!

We didn't have time for 'save-the-dates', I sent advance warning to friends from out of town, but figured for the most part that if people were able to come they would!

We ditched the reception card- we didn't need it and it saved some money. We also removed the design and 'RSVP' in favor of a plain RSVP card.

Beacon Lane


From there, we swapped designs on the return envelope to include the pretty branch from the above invitation set. Then we chose a peach backing for the invitation along with coral envelopes. Instead of the burlap belly band, we chose to go with twine.

First, I'd like to apologize for the horrible photos. They're from my iPhone...is that an okay excuse? Here's how we ended up...


 


By the way, every time I said 'we' in this post, I really mean 'I'. For anyone who knows Kelly, I don't think you could quite picture him sitting down and picking out invitations, colors and fonts! He was down with almost anything. Once I found these, I knew he would love them so I surprised him with the final proof after corresponding with the shop.

For the favor tags that we tied onto our donuts, the wording went like this:                        


To our family & friends…




It meant the world to have you here tonight. Thank you for enriching our lives with love, support, encouragement and laughter. You are our teachers, best friends, guides and our very favorite people in the world. We hope you enjoyed tonight’s party and the ones we’ll share for years to come.
Love, Allison & Kelly


On the back we included a few words by Ralph Waldo Emerson that seemed quite appropriate;

"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends,
the old and the new."




Above is a photo of the programs that I was in no way, shape or form going to make, but since I had leftover cardstock from the placecards and a little extra time the week before the wedding, I went for it.

Here's a close up for you;





I'll be back soon with pictures of our lovely friends and family who helped us set up the venue!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...